Photos by Jimmy Fleming
Leixlip 1 modelling their team jackets, after securing a sponsorship deal with Toyota – Liffey Valley.
If your team has secured a sponsorship deal, and would like to share it on the site, just email it on.
The dates for the 2017/18 season are listed below:
- AGM: Thursday 14th September (Leinster)
- Entry Forms Out: Friday 15th September
- Entry Forms Closing Date: Monday 2nd October
- Shield Grading: Wednesday 4th October (ST.PATS)
- Shield Competition: (6 weeks) w/c Monday 23rd October to w/c Monday 27th November
- League Grading: Wednesday 13th December (St. Pats)
- League Competition: (10 weeks) w/c Monday 8th January to w/c Monday 12th MARCH
- Cup Grading: Monday 12th March (Leinster)
- Cup 1st Round: w/c Monday 26th March
- Cup Semi Finals: w/c Monday 2nd April
- Cup Finals: Saturday 21stApril
- Presentation: Saturday 28th April (Leinster)
- Belfast League v Leinste League: Date TBC
Application forms for submitting teams for the 2017/18 season have been posted out to each club secretary.
The application forms need to be returned by Friday 29th September.
The grading meeting for deciding the Shield groups will take place on Wednesday 4th October.
Navan TTC are looking for new players for the new season. The club normally has multiple teams in the Leinster League and if anyone is interested in joining for the new season, the club details are as follows:
- Location: MDL, Trim Road, Navan, Co. Meath
- Times: Wednesday 7.30 to 9.30 and Sunday 10am to 12 noon.
- Contact: email@example.com
The Draw for the 2017 Cup Competition are below. The matches are to be played the week commencing 27th March 2017.
The Semi Finals to be played the week commencing 3rd April 2017. The draw for the Semi Finals is as follows:
- 3 v 4
- 2 v 1
The Cup Finals are being held in 3 clubs
- Leinster: Tue 18th April
- St. Pats: Wed 19th April
- Balgriffin: Fri 21st April
The Presentation of Trophies will be held in Leinster on Friday 5th May.
Sandwiches will be provided and there will be no charge on the night.
Please remember that any players playing in their own cup cannot sub for another team. Also, players cannot change bats in the middle of a game.
- SYNGE ST 1 v CASTLEKNOCK 1
- WEXFORD 1 v BYE
- TERENURE 1 v BYE
- PINGZONE 1 v BALGRIFFIN 1
Steward: Tony Martin
- BALGRIFFIN 2 v LEINSTER 1
- TERENURE 2 v BYE
- LEINSTER 2 v BYE
- DUNBOYNE 1 v ST. PAULS 1
Steward: Irene McNevin
- BALGRIFFIN 3 v SYNGE ST 2
- BALGRIFFIN 4 v ST. PAULS 2
- SYNGE ST 3 v DUNBOYNE 2
- ST. PATS 1 v NAVAN 1
Steward: Robbie Davis
- ALSAA 1 v PINGZONE 2
- PINGZONE 3 v BYE
- DUNBOYNE 3 v LEINSTER 3
- NAVAN 2 v ALSAA 2
Steward: Jimmy Fleming
- CLONDALKIN 1 v TERENURE 3
- PINGZONE 4 v BYE
- ST. PATS 2 v BYE
- DUNBOYNE 4 v ST. PAULS 3
Steward: Carmel Lokko
Any teams that won perpetual trophies last season must now return them ASAP.
The trophies should be returned to Dublin Trophies, 111 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 (over Billiards Shop facing the Abbey Theatre). Entrance to shop is in the laneway beside the Billiards Shop.
The following players have been selected to play for the Leinster League against Belfast League.
Marius Berende, Brian Devereux, Stephen Keenan
Greg Slowinski, Yingjie Qi, Barney Moloney
John Smith, John Mc Cormack, Aengus Benson
The match takes place in Belfast on Sat 25th March. Well done to all the players selected and best of luck in the match.
In the League, teams should only have a few matches remaining. The draws for the Cup competition will take place on Wed 15th March. The first round of cup matches begin week commencing 27th March.
The ITTF recently introduced a rule change regarding giving advice to players during matches. The relevant change is as follows:
188.8.131.52. Players may receive advice at any time except during rallies, provided play is not thereby delayed; if any authorised person gives advice illegally the umpire shall hold up a yellow card to warn him or her that any further such offence will result in his or her dismissal from the playing area.
This means that players can now be given advice between points, provided it does not disrupt the continuity of the match. This rule change applies to Leinster League matches, so all teams and players should be aware of this change, and should understand the guidelines.